[ISLMA-Share] Paperback Books

Tue May 2 11:17:33 CDT 2017

Can't you sell them to the students?  Open the sale up to the community.  It looks like you are talking about a lot of books.  You could also offer them for sale on this list serv.  Perhaps there are other libraries still using them.

Peggy Burton, Librarian

Williams Elementary School

1709 S. 9th Street

Mattoon, IL 61938

217-238-2800

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:40:30 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Paperback Books

I am in a dilemma and this is the best place for ideas and answers.

At the present time, our school bookstore is clearing its shelves of paperback titles that are no longer required reading.  Most of the books are new and I’d hate to just toss them.  We are hoping to sell the copies between $.75 - $1.00 each.  Any ideas of where and how to find a good source to accomplish this?

Thanks, in advance.

Judi Rath
Director of Library Media Services

St. Francis High School
“A Community in which Minds and Spirits Thrive!”

jrath at sfhscollegeprep.org<mailto:jrath at sfhscollegeprep.org>
(630)668-5800, x1111

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info