[ISLMA-Share] Book Fair vendors

Fri May 5 19:50:27 CDT 2017

Hi Lauren:

I have had a lot of success with Scholastic Book Fairs. Not only can you earn a profit (money-wise), but you can also split your earnings with Scholastic Dollars. The Scholastic Dollars that I have “banked” over the years have allowed me to do book and poster giveaways with the students (K-5) that visit the Book Fair. Scholastic Dollars has also helped with our prizes and giveaways that we have during our Family Night.

Thanks,

Laura O’Brien

Media Assistant at Ben-Gil Elementary Library

Gillespie, IL 62033

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 4:41 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Book Fair vendors

Hi all—

Next year will be my first year as a school librarian! Yay!

I am looking to host a Book Fair to promote the library and get community/families involved. Could you please share your words of wisdom related to Book Fair planning?

*	Favorite vendors? Costs/profits?
*	Community events/programs?
*	Publicity and marketing that worked well?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lauren

Lauren Gray

Center for Children’s Books, Graduate Assistant

App Authors, Research Assistant

School of Information Sciences

lmgray3 at illinois.edu

laurenmichaelgray at gmail.com