[ISLMA-Share] Suggestions for Headphones?

Tue May 9 12:20:07 CDT 2017

Our school added headphones/earbuds to the supply list for each child.  We
stressed that they don't have to be expensive.  The library also keeps a
small supply of cheap ones which we barcoded and check out if someone
forgot his at home. I've found that kids are more careful with their own
possessions or with checked-out ones that are tied to their library card.
When we were simply leaving them out in the lab for anyone to use, we had
breakage constantly because kids were aware that there probably wouldn't be
any consequence (because no one could supervise closely enough to catch
damage).

It has worked well for us and students like it better, too.

M.Harris
Heyworth

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Good Morning!
>

> I am looking for suggestions for headphones.  We have 2 computer labs
> in/near the library (I am responsible for them) and I would love to have
> headphones for the computers.  I have tried big ones, but they have all
> broken over the 3 year period.  We got a huge donation of earbuds from
> United Airlines, but they didn’t even last one testing session! (And…those
> are personal items…wouldn’t EVER think of sharing those!)
>

> We absolutely NEED headphones for testing, but I also would LIKE
> headphones to be available for kids who use the labs.  I am just not sure
> what the best /most economical options might be.  Of course, our budget for
> something like this is close to $0.00.
>

> If you have the headphone situation sorted out for your school, could you
> reply?  If you’d rather reply off-list, my email is
> kdonohue at catalystschools.org
>

> THANKS!
>
> KD
>

> *Kathryn Donohue*
> *Librarian*
> Circle Rock Campus
>
> 5608 W. Washington Blvd. Chicago, IL  60644 | Phone:  773-945-5025

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4