[ISLMA-Share] Destiny How To

Fri May 12 10:06:37 CDT 2017

I would add a circulation type of YA or whatever you decide to call it. The
new box for that type will list all your patron types. You can specify
which patrons (7, 8, faculty, librarian) can check these out and how many
they can have at a time. The other Patrons (5 and 6) would be listed as
checking out 0.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I'm very new to Destiny. The help feature has been great for most
> questions but I'm stumped at the moment.
>
> At the middle school (Grades 5-8) we currently have patron types of
> Student, Staff, 5, 6, 7, and 8. The circulation types are Regular and
> Reference. My question - I have Young Adult books that only 7th and 8th
> grades can check out. Those books are only identified with a YA at the
> beginning of the call number (example, YA FIC BAK). How can I set it up so
> there is a flag or notice of some sort if I'm checking out a YA book to a
> 5th or 6th grader? I'm willing to use another field to identify YA books or
> add a circulation type if needed i just don't know where to start.
>
> --
> Donna Brockmeyer
> Media Clerk
> District 110, Grant and Illini

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

*Home of the Novas *
1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509 <(847)%20543-5509>
wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org
@Christi98003919 <https://twitter.com/Christi98003919>

*Please consider the environment before printing this email *