[ISLMA-Share] EveryLibrary Fundraiser at ALA Annual with Kyle Cassidy and Friends!

Tue May 16 11:21:53 CDT 2017

EveryLibrary is excited to announce our book release party and fundraising
event at ALA in Chicago in partnership with *Black Dog & Leventhal
<http://www.blackdogandleventhal.com/>* (an Imprint of *Hachette Book Group
<https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/kyle-cassidy/this-is-what-a-librarian-looks-like/9780316393980/>*)
and Kyle Cassidy at the *Old Crow Smokehouse
<http://oldcrowsmokehouse.com/river-north/about/>*, River North. This fun
event will be held on Saturday June 24th in Chicago from 8pm-11pm. Please
join us to celebrate the release of *This Is What a Librarian Looks Like
<https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/kyle-cassidy/this-is-what-a-librarian-looks-like/9780316393980/>*
with the author/photographer Kyle Cassidy, many of our friends, and
librarians from the book! This event will also help EveryLibrary raise
money to fund our fight for libraries at the ballot box across the country.

*GET TICKETS* - http://action.everylibrary.org/bookreleaseparty

Cassidy’s book is a celebration of librarians across the country. His
subjects are men and women of all ages, backgrounds, and personal
style-from pink hair and leather jackets to button-downs and blazers. In
short, not necessarily what one thinks a librarian looks like. The nearly
220 librarians photographed also share their personal thoughts on what it
means to be a librarian. *This Is What a Librarian Looks
<https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/kyle-cassidy/this-is-what-a-librarian-looks-like/9780316393980/>*
Like also includes original essays by some of our most beloved writers,
journalists, and commentators including Neil Gaiman, George R.R. Martin,
Nancy Pearl, Cory Doctorow, Paula Poundstone, Amanda Palmer, Peter Sagal,
Jeff VanderMeer, John Scalzi, Sara Farizan, Amy Dickinson, and others.
Cassidy also profiles a handful of especially influential librarians and
libraries.

This fun event will be held at *Old Crow Smokehouse
<http://oldcrowsmokehouse.com/river-north/about/>*, River North and all
tickets levels include beer, wine, and well drinks until our tab runs out
as well as a DJ all night. Old Crow Smokehouse River North is located a
block away from the Merchandise Mart and in the heart of downtown. The
country venue can be described as the ultimate blend of home cookin and a
lively saloon.

*Details:*

*Location*
Old Crow Smokehouse River North (upstairs)
149 W. Kinzie St, Chicago, IL. 60654

*Date and Time:*
Saturday, June 24th
8pm-11pm

Ticket Prices are as follows;

*Before June 10th*
$25 Early bird ticket
$35 Early Bird Ticket and a copy of the book (first 100 registrants)

*After June 10th*
$35 Full-price ticket
$45 Full-price ticket and a copy of the book (if not sold out)

Can’t attend? Please consider *making a donation
<https://votelibraries.nationbuilder.com/one_time_donation>* to help us
fight for libraries across the country. For every dollar that EveryLibrary
spends on a campaign for libraries, we are able to return over $1,600 in
stable library funding. We put your donations to work!