[ISLMA-Share] Mid: Information Literacy Curriculum

Thu May 18 07:44:26 CDT 2017

The Big6 has a lot of resources and we use it at our school. Big6.com

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> We will be implementing an information literacy curriculum next year for
> our 6th graders. The schedule will be every other week for 1 period. Not
> perfect I know, and for some aspects of it, it will be taught as a
> standalone lesson (not linked to the classes), but I am going to take what
> I can get and work from there. It will be a perfect time to do this, since
> the ELA teachers in grades 6-8 will be getting a completely new curriculum
> next year.
>

> My question is: What do you all use for you information literacy
> curriculum? Do you piece meal it, or do you use a “canned curriculum”?
> While I don’t mind creating my own curriculum, I would at least prefer to
> have something to work from.
>

> Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.
>

> Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
>
> Glenview Middle School
>
> East Moline School District #37
>
> 3100 7th St.
>
> East Moline, IL 61244
>
> Phone: 309-755-1919 ext. 233
>
> Fax: 309-752-2567

*Kelly Cook*
Library Media Director
Rotolo Middle School
Batavia, Illinois 60510
*Follow our library on Twitter: @rotololmc*
kelly.cook at bps101.net

"...a library is more than a collection of dusty old books. It is a place
to learn, explore, and grow!” *Escape from Mr. Lemoncello**’s Library*