[ISLMA-Share] Mid: Information Literacy Curriculum

Thu May 18 08:56:04 CDT 2017

We just completed our new curriculum. If you would like a list of sources
and links we used, please contact me directly at bmiller at troy30c.org.

Barbra Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
- Sidney Sheldon

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> We will be implementing an information literacy curriculum next year for
> our 6th graders. The schedule will be every other week for 1 period. Not
> perfect I know, and for some aspects of it, it will be taught as a
> standalone lesson (not linked to the classes), but I am going to take what
> I can get and work from there. It will be a perfect time to do this, since
> the ELA teachers in grades 6-8 will be getting a completely new curriculum
> next year.
>

> My question is: What do you all use for you information literacy
> curriculum? Do you piece meal it, or do you use a “canned curriculum”?
> While I don’t mind creating my own curriculum, I would at least prefer to
> have something to work from.
>

> Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.
>

> Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
>
> Glenview Middle School
>
> East Moline School District #37
>
> 3100 7th St.
>
> East Moline, IL 61244
>
> Phone: 309-755-1919 ext. 233
>
> Fax: 309-752-2567

This electronic message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.