[ISLMA-Share] digital content

Thu May 18 09:53:41 CDT 2017

Before I was able to "scope" my collection so that adult books would not be
available, I had my elementary school parents request the username/password
on behalf of their children. It wasn't great...but it worked. I introduced
the collection to kids in library class and sent home flyers to parents.
Less than half requested the access info.

Now I can scope everything and that has opened up the collection directly
to the students. Now I can give students their usernames/passwords in class
and we all go together directly to the collection so that they see what's
available and try out anything they want to.

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello all,
>
> does anyone require students/parents top sign a release about accessing
> digital content.  I am thinking about ebooks for next year and would like
> to add some language to registration about how the school/librarian is not
> responsible for any adult content that may be accessed using ebooks. Any
> information would be helpful.  Feel free to email me at my school address.
>
> nclevenger at bcsd5.org
>
> Noel Clevenger
> GHS Librarian
> Glenwood High School