[ISLMA-Share] Facetime/Skype with Authors

Wed May 24 09:17:28 CDT 2017

We have Skyped with several authors: Sarah Prineas, Eric Luper, Marcia
Wells, Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, Margi Preus, Nikki Giovanni, Dori
Hillestad  Butler and more.  We have enjoyed all of our Skypes but Dori
Hillestad Butler and Margi Preus were some favorites. Prices have ranged
from Free to $250.  We usually spend about 20-30 minutes with them.  We
have done this after my early morning book club finishes a book.  The
author usually talks for a few minutes then the kids ask questions.  I have
kids come up with questions ahead of time in order to avoid the "Do you
have a dog?" repeated six times. Most of the time the technology works.  We
have always used Skype but occasionally we lose sound.

Michele

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:34 PM Email list for the Illinois School Library

Michele Whisenhunt
Librarian, Southeast Elementary School
Sycamore, IL

--
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
transmission is confidential information which may contain information that