[ISLMA-Share] URGENT: Last Push THIS AM for "Missing" LSTA/IAL Signatures

Thu May 25 10:15:44 CDT 2017

I just contacted Senator Duckworth's Washington Office. The staffer had no explanation at the ready for why she has not yet decided to support this bill, so every call does count.

I mentioned LSTA funds support Illinois State Library Talking Book and Braille Service to over 12,000 residents. Supporting our disabled residents would send a powerful message.
Bobbie Kocim

    On Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:01 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

 Senator Duckworth has not signed the IAL letter of support. Please contact her and ask that she support federal funding for school libraries. The Innovative Approaches to Literacy is the ONLY federal program that is directed to spend half its funds on school library programs to improve literacy.
Her DC office number is (202) 224-2854 the preferred telephone number. If busy, tryChicago Office number 312) 886-3506 or Springfield Office: (217) 528-6124
Lou Ann JacobsISLMA Legislation Chair

-----Original Message-----
From: Church, Audrey <churchap at longwood.edu>
To: aaslforum <aaslforum at lists.ala.org>
Sent: Thu, May 25, 2017 7:50 am
Subject: [aaslforum] FW: URGENT: Last Push THIS AM for "Missing" LSTA/IAL Signatures

Dear Colleagues: The message is that Sen.Reed has extended to just 2PM EASTERN the deadline -- one last time -- by when Senate offices may contact his staff to say that they will sign either or both of the "Dear Appropriator" letters for LSTA and IAL that he must deliver to the full Appropriations Committee tonight.  These are the final hours in which we and our members can make an impact on the Senators most likely to sign at the last minute.   Please use the ALALegislative Action Center AGAIN to contact or recontact these Senators "missing" from either or both letters and tell Sen. Reed's staff that they will endorse the letter or letters they have not yet signed.  Senators agreeing to do so MUST have their staffs indicate that they wish to sign by contactingElyse_Wasch at reed.senate.gov  for LSTSA andMoira_Lenehan at reed.senate.gov for IAL.  The have only until 2 PM Eastern to do that.  Many thanks for all your help to date and for thislast push this AM at the mostly Democratic Senators we have a chance of convincing.  Two tables  showing separately whether they have signed for LSTA or IAL follow.  (Some will be missing from both.) Thanks again!  Adam "D" SENATORS "MISSING" FROMLSTA LETTER TO CONTACT  "D" SENATORS "MISSING" FROMIAL LETTER TO CONTACT  Adam Eisgrau, Managing DirectorOffice of Government RelationsAmerican Library AssociationWashington Office202-215-6884