[ISLMA-Share] Seeking recommendation for all school nonfiction read

Wed Nov 1 12:21:19 CDT 2017

Hi All,
We're just off our first successful school-wide summer reading program at
the 6-8 grade middle school where I work.
This year students could choose either *I am Malala* or *I Will Always
Write Back* to read over the summer. In the fall we had many activities
surrounding the books across the curriculum culminating with a visit from
Caitlin Alifirenka a couple weeks ago.

The staff and most of the students expressed interest in continuing the
program for Year 2.
*I'm looking for some recommendations. *
We'd like to tie in an author visit again.
We want to continue with informational/nonfiction reads.
We want the books to have appeal to our middle school students.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Erin

--
Erin Wyatt, Ph.D.
Learning Center Director
ejdwyatt at gmail.com

Currently Reading *Tess of the Road* by Rachel Hartman