[ISLMA-Share] Novels in verse for boys

Thu Nov 2 13:26:38 CDT 2017

I just read A Long Way Down (Reynolds’ new book mentioned below) and it was excellent!
Also, Bull by David Elliott, a retelling of the Theseus and Minotaur myth.

Cathy Gottlieb
LRC Director
NCHS Webmaster
Naperville Central High School
630-420-6549
[Google Level 1]

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 10:57 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Novels in verse for boys

Jasons Reynolds new book possibly?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
I have an 8th boy that is very motivated by novels in verse.  Can anyone make other recommendations besides Kwame Alexander books?  He has also read House Arrest by K.A. Holt.

​Thanks in advance.
​
Devonna Condon
LRC - Sundling Junior High
847-963-3707

“People who say they don't have time to read simply don't want to.”
― Julie Rugg<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/760135.Julie_Rugg>, A Book Addict's Treasury<https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1748645>

--
Denyse Eagleson
English Teacher, Librarian, Cross Country Coach

“Love what you do and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. You do what you want, what you love. Imagination should be the center of your life.”
― Ray Bradbury<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>