[ISLMA-Share] Seating Charts

Tue Nov 7 15:35:02 CST 2017

Hello,

I have a "housekeeping" question. In my school I teach lessons to about 525
students each week. How do you make seating charts easy on yourself, while
still following IEPs by giving preferential seating?

My seating charts took forever this year--I have a story carpet and tables,
so that's two charts per class for a total of 44 seating charts. I made a
Google slide with a template of each area and typed in the student in each
assigned spot, taking into account IEP needs and behavioral needs. I am NOT
going to change this unless a student needs to be moved or a new student
moves in.

I wonder if I wasted a bunch of time, and would like to know if there is a
better way, or if you just need to deal with it each year so you can learn
names.

I want to make note of this for next year, please e-mail me off-list.

Thank you,

Leanne Brown
Librarian ~ Prairie School
14200 South 82nd Avenue