[ISLMA-Share] Love a challenge? ID this book

Mon Nov 13 14:08:37 CST 2017

Our HS German instructor asked me for a book this morning. It's one she
read in 7th or 8th grade (in approximately 1971)

   - a book, most likely a biography,
   - written for young adults
   - contains/is about the bombing of Dresden and those seeking refuge on
   the Elbe River, specifically children
   - the story was told from a boy's perspective
   - Based on her feed back, I'm guessing it was written/published between
   1955 and 1975

I'm coming up with nada. Any help from the collective brain would be
greatly appreciated.

Christy Semande
Canton USD #66