[ISLMA-Share] Latin American Literature

Tue Nov 14 10:27:10 CST 2017

Good morning!

I have a teacher who will be teaching a new class next semester called
Latin American Literature. It is a Senior Elective so, while some students
may really enjoy reading, there will also be quite a few who are
reluctant/low readers.

He is asking me for some reading materials. I am going to put together a
poetry unit for him, but I need some other materials as well. Because of
the make-up of the class, something like Gabriel Garcia Marquez will NOT
work.

I would love to find some books that are young, high-interest, edgy, fun.
You know, basically your perfect book for reluctant readers written by a
Latino/Latina. :)

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Sarah Lorraine