[ISLMA-Share] Checking in and out of the library - High School

Wed Nov 15 07:45:51 CST 2017

We still use paper.

Study hall visitors sign their roster and a copy is sent to the study hall
teacher for attendance.  Students visiting from classes present a paper
pass from the teacher and we keep a paper log for the day.  We also record
lunch visitors on the log.  We do a head count twice each period.

We keep the rosters and logs for three weeks, as the deans may take that
long to follow up on an unexcused absence.  They'll be the first to tell
you that most attendance problems occur when a classroom teacher has
forgotten to record that a student is in the LMC.

Mrs. Ann Marie Jinkins
Librarian
Rochelle Township High School
1401 Flagg Road
Rochelle,  IL 61068

(815)562-4161, ext. 4112

ajinkins at rthsd212.org

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library