[ISLMA-Share] Checking in and out of the library - High School

Wed Nov 15 07:53:58 CST 2017

We've also tried a variety of methods. Below is our most current model.

   - *Study Hall Students *= Students may come to the library if they a
   pink pass from an *academic *teacher. They show their i.d., sign in and
   we take their attendance.
   - *Junior / Seniors* = During the lunch periods, they do not need a
   pass. They do, however, need to show their i.d., sign in and we take their
   attendance.
   - *Pass List* = We have many students who come everyday. They can ask to
   get on our pass list.  Once on the list, they do not need to get a pass to
   come to the library, but they need to show their i.d., sign in and we take
   their attendance.
   - *Non-Study Hall Students* - Teachers can write a pass for a student to
   come from their class to check out a book, print, etc. Those students only
   sign in (no attendance is taken) and they return to class when they have
   completed their task.

Barb

Barbara Mason
Information & Learning Center Director
Antioch Community High School
1133 Main Street
Antioch, IL  60002
847.838.7761

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Morning, Dawn.
>
> We have tried passes, sign in/out book, and just letting them come in.
> There have been pros and cons to each of these methods. I would prefer an
> electronic scanning in with their IDs but that is no currently available.
> For now they just come in as I no longer host study halls. It does get a
> bit wild on some days during lunch, necessitating a change for those
> specific periods.
>

> Let me know if you want any further details. And happy Wednesday!
>

> *Kristen Rademacher*
>
> *Librarian*
>
> *Eco Club Director*
>
> *1 Book 1 Marist Director*
>
> *Marist High School <http://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>*
>
> *773.881.5356 <(773)%20881-5356>*
>
> *@1Book1Marist*
>
> rademacher.kristen at marist.net
> <rademacher.kristen at marist.net%3cmailto:rademacher.kristen at marist.net>

privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you believe that you have received this electronic message in error,
please contact the sender immediately by telephone and/or by email to
notify them of this mistake.  Thank You

Pursuant to Illinois' public records law, electronic communications to or
from Community High School District 117 constitutes a public record. Please
be advised that this email may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to
third parties.