[ISLMA-Share] Checking in and out of the library - High School

Wed Nov 15 08:45:51 CST 2017

We use this.  http://librarytimeclock.com .

Students sign up in the morning, after school, or before 2nd period.  We print the list for each hour and check students in by hand.  The creator of the program adapted it for us so students could sign up and check in.  However, we had too many kids who did not sign up so now we only have them scan once.  We used to also accept teacher passes, but we were getting too many, especially when a class was using the library.

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
815-717-3551
jbromann-bender at lw210.org<mailto:jbromann-bender at lw210.org>

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:32 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Checking in and out of the library - High School

Hi Everyone,

I have question....

How do you have students check in and out of the library when they come during study halls, lunch and advisory?

Do you use pen and paper passes?  Do you have a scanning system that accounts for students?
Do you pay for that or do you use something free?

I am having problems with keeping tabs with who is in the apace, especially when deans or students with passes to guidance come in.

Any help would be awesome!

Dawn Scuderi
Lemont Hight School #210

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info