[ISLMA-Share] Video Game?

Tue Nov 28 10:07:33 CST 2017

I bought the Bloxels kit for my own son and we could never get it to work well with our lighting and camera.  So we just got the app and they are able to do pretty much everything on the app except design it with the game board first.  They just make their designs directly in the app.  But we may be missing something.

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
815-717-3551
jbromann-bender at lw210.org<mailto:jbromann-bender at lw210.org>

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:45 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Video Game?

Cool idea! It would be fairly easy to create a simple game like that in Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/), especially if they have some experience using it. If they have never used Scratch or other block-based coding, they might want to start with a more simple activity, such as creating several characters and having them “speak” something about themselves using the dialog boxes or a voice recording. Let us know how it works out!

Megan Flaherty