[ISLMA-Share] my folder option with Gale Student Resources In Context

Tue Nov 28 14:45:44 CST 2017

Hi Chuck,
You are correct, nothing will stay in the folder after the session ends.

I do know you can click "Sign in with Google" at the top of the page and
the article will automatically download into a folder in your Google drive.
The folder will be named for the resource you are using, ie, Opposing
Viewpoints, etc. and the article will stay there indefinitely. I am not
sure how the "Sign In with Microsoft" works since we use Drive.

Hope this helps.

Sally

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I thought at one time students could create a login for the 'my folder'
> option on SRC, but I don't see how that's done anymore.  I know you can
> save articles and more as you go, but I had it in my head that you had to
> export them in some form or fashion before you ended your session.  Is
> there a way to create your login so you can keep articles and such longer
> in your folder?  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
>
> Thanks!,
> --
> Chuck Atteberry
> Springfield Lanphier High School
>
> "Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown

Sally Duffy, Teacher-Librarian
Clarendon Hills Middle School
301 Chicago Ave.
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
sduffy at d181.org

"There's no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only
children who have not found the right book."  Frank Serafini, author.

--

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school