[ISLMA-Share] 100 challenging books for high school students

Mon Oct 2 11:40:01 CDT 2017

There are all kinds of lists of recommended books for high school students:

http://www.ala.org/yalsa/awards-grants

Awards & Grants | Young Adult Library Services Association ...<http://www.ala.org/yalsa/awards-grants>
www.ala.org
Member Awards and GrantsYALSA member awards, grants, book awards, media awards, book lists, and media lists.

It really depends on what the teacher meant by "challenging". And why 100? A student can only read one book at a time and many students can read the same book at a time. There aren't many HS students who are reading 100 books in four years unless they have chosen the titles themselves.

Gretchen Zaitzeff
University High School
Normal, IL