[ISLMA-Share] COWs

Tue Oct 3 10:11:28 CDT 2017

I love our carts instead of labs. We have a much more flexible space because we don’t have dedicated space for computers. I have my own cart that no one else can sign up for and cataloged the Chromebooks in Destiny. It takes me (I only have an aide for a couple of periods) a few minutes at  the beginning of the period to checkout to study hall students who need them. A couple of types of Chromebooks that we have had serial number barcodes on the bottom that I used as the barcode in Destiny. Those that don’t were asset tagged by the tech department, so I just used that barcode number as the barcode number in Destiny.  It is a school rule that library Chromebooks don’t leave the library, so students have to stay in the library to use them. If a teacher is bringing their class in, they are responsible for signing up for a cart and making sure students use them and return them.

Lauren Ochs
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
302 W. State St.
Mahomet, IL 61853
lochs at ms.k12.il.us<mailto:lochs at ms.k12.il.us>

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:47 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] COWs

During the remodel, we lost any permanent lab -- I requested two (one for class and one for drop-ins), and will have to work with laptops in carts for six 25-minute study halls.

My question is does anyone have a way of checking laptops in and out with the least amount of time (for student computer use) and effort (for staff)?

Sad and a bit sick about it all, but knew this group might have some thoughts.

Thanks,

Mary Spevacek
East Aurora High School
mspevacek at d131.org<mailto:mspevacek at d131.org>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.