[ISLMA-Share] Questions about LibGuides

Thu Oct 5 08:51:39 CDT 2017

I'd like to add my voice to those in favor of LibGuides!  The new platform is extremely versatile--guides may be created and/or updated with ease. Our students find the research guides very helpful and I hear nothing but good things from our teachers. The statistics provided by LibGuides are beneficial in determining what type of information is accessed most often, providing focus in resource evaluation and selection as well as LibGuide creation. Creating our host page and first LibGuides was very time and labor intensive at the start--this proved to be time and effort well spent!

Feel free to contact me off list if you have any questions.

rjanusz at dupage88.net

Rose Janusz, MLIS
Library Media Center Director
DuPage High School District 88
Ph. (630) 628-2611

>>> Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> 10/3/2017 2:48 PM >>>
Hi all!

I am interested in investing in LibGuides for our library. I know it's pricey, but the idea is fantastic!

For those of you who already use LibGuides at your school, I am looking for any pros or cons you may have?? Does your data show them to be beneficial? Have the numbers grown as you've added guides, or was it a great curation tool when it was hot, and now the numbers are stagnant?? Do you love it? Is it not worth it?

All comments are greatly appreciated!!

Nicky Fairless
Oswego East HS

--