[ISLMA-Share] WeVideo Question

Fri Oct 13 12:52:07 CDT 2017

We have a We-Video License and one green screen. Many teachers use green plastic tablecloths in their classrooms for a backdrop for video on Chromebook cameras. Green Kraft paper works well too. Nothing special is needed.

We use the green screen in the library to provide a quiet place for recording. The kids often need two Chromebooks. One for video and another for reading their script/poem/report or whatever like a teleprompter. We have tall chairs, low bookshelves, and music stands that are good heights for their videos. Find what works best for your students. They can be very resourceful. Students work in small groups to make videos, but there are students who can do it all by themselves.

Have fun and no worries!

Leona Rusch
Spring Wood Middle School Librarian
5540 Arlington Dr. E.
Hanover Park, IL 60133
630-893-4068

Libraries help children to ask questions about the world and find the answers. And the wonderful thing is that once a child learns how to use libraries, the doors to learning will always be open.

Laura Bush

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 9:58 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] WeVideo Question

I have a question for anyone who is using WeVideo with Chromebooks.  How are your students doing the actual recording of the video?  Stand-alone video camera? Chromebook camera? Other options?

My district just purchased WeVideo licenses for all our students.  I have 2 green screens in my LRC.  Now I just need to figure out the best way to record and transfer the raw video.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Andrea Perrin
LRC Director-Woodland Middle School
andreaperrin2008 at gmail.com<mailto:andreaperrin2008 at gmail.com>