[ISLMA-Share] HS Summer Reading

Wed Oct 18 14:54:00 CDT 2017

Lindsey,

Feel free to contact me off list.  I can share our lists, our trial/error and how we integrated summer reading into our school if you're interested.  I can also share our projects that we do with students when they return.

Best,

Deb

Deborah Althoff Will

IMC Coordinator

Zion-Benton Township High School

3901 W. 21st Street

Zion, IL 60099

847-731-9475

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:25:09 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] HS Summer Reading

Good Afternoon,

My High School wants to launch a summer reading program this year. The school is debating to introduce it to incoming freshman vs all grades. I'm curious if anyone has any success stories or failures they would be willing to share about a summer reading program.

I am also interested in followup once school starts in the Fall for activities to correlate with the summer reading assignment. We do not want to test the students but create an activity or discussion about the book/topic

Thank you,

Lindsey Meyer
Library Director
Highland Park High School