[ISLMA-Share] post

Mon Oct 23 10:49:34 CDT 2017

I know, right! Most of those visits are for 5-10 minute check out only. I
get very little time to “teach” them. This is the scheduling format from
before I was hired 4 years ago. I do push into a few classes here and
there, but not consistently enough to amount to student growth.

Tracy Shields

Learning Center Director

Harlem Middle School

1-779-771-5831

*From:* islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:
islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] *On Behalf Of *Email list for the
Illinois School Library Media Association
*Sent:* Monday, October 23, 2017 10:16 AM
*To:* Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <
islma at list.railslibraries.info>
*Subject:* Re: [ISLMA-Share] post

Tracy -

How come you only see them once every 3 weeks?  That isn't enough!

What's your email?  I can send you my SLOs directly!

Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

My district is on year two of implementing student growth into our
evaluations. I am at the middle school (7/8). I have flexible scheduling,
and see each literature and composition class once every three weeks for
check out. I do hour long book talks only once per quarter. We use Destiny.
My first assessments did not show the growth I had hoped. I am looking for
examples of SLO assessments and any wisdom you can provide in this process.

Tracy Shields

Learning Center Director

Harlem Middle School

1-779-771-5831 <(779)%20771-5831>

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info

This email was sent by a staff member of Harlem Consolidated School
District 122.

--

Deanne Guccione, Librarian

Pleasant Plains Middle School

dguccione at ppcusd8.org

"Winning is not always about shining the brightest.  Sometimes it's about
sharing the light with someone who has been waiting in th shadows all
along." Quote from the book* Save Me A Seat* by Saraha Weeks & Gita
Varadarajan

Currently Reading:  Anna Dressed in Blood

[image: 9378297]

Just finished:  Shadow House

[image: 28691933]

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info