[ISLMA-Share] music in the library

Wed Oct 25 09:09:23 CDT 2017

Hi all,
We recently purchased a flat screen TV to mount in the library. We do
streaming news during the day and occasionally music. It's been a really
nice addition and really contributes to our space being welcoming,
comfortable, etc.
As my assistant and I were scrolling through the music choices, we noticed
that holiday/Christmas music would be available soon. This sounded so
exciting!! Until I stopped to think that maybe Christmas tunes might not be
very culturally sensitive in an area open and welcoming to all people.
I'm hoping to just get a broad polling of responses - IN or OUT: Who
doesn't love holiday music! Do it!! OR What is this, 1950?? Not everybody
celebrates Christian holidays!!
Thanks in advance, everyone! :)

--
Caroline Fox Anvick