[ISLMA-Share] Picture book request

Wed Oct 25 14:16:48 CDT 2017

Suggested additions:
The Story Goes On by Aileen Fisher
Eye to Eye by Steve Jenkins
Greenling by Levi Pinfold
Nobody Particular : One Woman’s Fight to Save the Bay by Molly Bang (a graphic novel that is almost a picture book)

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:56 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Picture book request

The Lorax?

Tamra Ashby
LRC Teacher
Alice Gustafson School
630-937-8007
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6dZjJJfZIqvYWx4aGQtVmdhV0E&revid=0B6dZjJJfZIqvQW9DYUVpYksrdXNhY2FpdVg0c05vQnY0dEJVPQ]

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
Good afternoon, everyone.
I am a high school librarian (9-12) and have an environmental science teacher asking for a solid list of 15 or more titles of kids picture books. She needs them to be environmentally themed, preferably non-fiction or fiction to tell about a real event or issue. She already adores:
One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of Gambia by Miranda Paul
Energy Island by Allan Drummond

I have already added the following to the list as I’ve read them to my 7 and 3 year old and love them:
Curious Garden by Peter Brown
Letting the Swift River Go by Jane Yolen
Our Tree Named Steve by Alan Zweibel
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
The Great Kapok Tree by Lynne Cherry
A River Ran Wild by Lynne Cherry
Tree: a little story about big things by Danny Parker
The boy who harnessed the wind by William Kamkwamba (picture book version)

Based on the above criteria, would you recommend anything else? Would you take any off this list? Picture books are not my strength so I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance and have a lovely rest of your Wednesday.

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director
1 Book 1 Marist Director
Marist High School<http://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>
773.881.5356
@1Book1Marist
rademacher.kristen at marist.net<mailto:rademacher.kristen at marist.net%3cmailto:rademacher.kristen at marist.net>

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message
in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Valley View Public
School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has
been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.