[ISLMA-Share] Reviews of middle school titles

Mon Oct 30 08:10:40 CDT 2017

I also use Common Sense Media, but they don't review everything. It's
sometimes hard to tell, so I generally don't buy anything for grades 9 and
up, unless I can find it on Common Sense to check out the violence and
sexual content or I've read it myself.

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 7:25 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Linda,
>

> I use Common Sense Media to check things out if I am unsure. I wish
> reviews would let you know if a book has potential problem areas such as
> you are describing.
>

> If you get any responses, would you please share?
>

> Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
>
> Glenview Middle School
>
> East Moline School District #37
>
> 3100 7th St.
>
> East Moline, IL 61244
>
> Phone: 309-755-1919 ext. 233 <(309)%20755-1919>
>
> Fax: 309-752-2567 <(309)%20752-2567>

Leah Gregory
Mascoutah Middle School
Librarian
Book Club Sponsor

E-mail is not necessarily a secure means of communication. The information
transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and contains confidential or privileged material. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please disregard its contents
and destroy the message and its attachments. We also ask that you notify
the sender if you have received this message in error. Any improper use of
this information is prohibited.