[ISLMA-Share] For parochial school librarians

Tue Oct 31 14:08:33 CDT 2017

Hi,

We are having a bit of a book challenge here and my principal has asked me
to collect some data from parochial schools on the topic of books for
6th-8th grade.

I have some parochial school library specific questions-

   - If you have a reconsideration form for a book that a parent objects
   to, would you please share that form with me? Also, your written collection
   development plan, please?
   - What review sources do you use to acquire books for your collection?
   - Does anyone consistently use Common Sense Media as the ultimate
   decision maker as to whether or not to add a book to your collection? If
   you do this, have you found any issues with doing this?
   - Do you have a hot list of topics you have to avoid in your collection?

Thanks for your time.

Linda

Linda Zeilstra Sawyer
School Librarian