[ISLMA-Share] Books for 6th Grade Avid Reader

Fri Sep 8 10:42:30 CDT 2017

I have not read the books you listed so I cannot speak to that portion of
your email.

As to your second part, I can give one glowing recommendation for *The
Sword of Shannara* by Terry Brooks. It is an 1160 Lexile. It is the first
book in a LONG set of different series. The rest of the books in the
different series have lower Lexiles, but if he likes it, he will love the
rest of Brooks's books.

As an added note, the second book in the series (*The Elfstones of Shannara*)
was made into a tv series (although not very true to the book) that started
last year and will be starting season two in just a couple weeks.

*Mr. Tim Yoder*

Librarian
Harvard Junior High School
1301 North Garfield Street
Harvard, IL 60033
815-943-6466 ext.2337
Fax 815-943-8521
Email: tyoder at cusd50.org

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library