[ISLMA-Share] Latex Allergy and label protectors

Sun Sep 17 10:43:42 CDT 2017

Does anyone have a suggestion for working with the variety of labels we use when processing books when one has an allergy to the adhesives on the label?    My daughter has a work-study job at her university and she enjoys processing the books in their library, but she is very sensitive to latex and breaks out in hives upon contact to the adhesives on the labels and protectors.  She can perform other tasks, but she really would like to find a barrier she could wear so that she could label the books on her own.  She is going to experiment with vinyl gloves to see if she will have the dexterity to apply the labels properly.  Just thought I would ask if anyone else already had a plan for dealing with the situation.

Thanks!

Tambree Krouse
District Librarian
Edwards County School District