[ISLMA-Share] Standards-based curriculum for library

Wed Sep 20 10:57:16 CDT 2017

Hi,

Can you please weigh in on what you base your library program's standards &
curriculum on:?

I am new to this high school and on their "Standards-Based Curriculum"
guideline for every subject in the school, they list the following for
Library. It seems complete to me, but I thought a Librarian in a high
school might have an insight to share?

   -  AASL's *Standards for the 21st Century Learner* (I am aware that AASL
   will launch new standards and guidelines at the conference in November)
   - AASL's Learning Standards & Common Core State Standards Crosswalk
   - I-SAIL (Illinois Standards Aligned Instruction for Libraries)
   - ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education)

I am being asked if the standards-based curriculum needs to be updated for
Library. (Of course, I am very eager for AASL's unveiling of their new
standards and guidelines this Fall).

Thank you!

Lori McGreal
Trinity High School