[ISLMA-Share] Need help with a book request!

Fri Sep 22 10:52:11 CDT 2017

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
by Kate DiCamillo
Book Description Once, in a house on Egypt Street, there lived a china
rabbit named Edward Tulane. The rabbit was very pleased with himself, and
for good reason: he was owned by a girl named Abilene, who treated him with
the utmost care and adored him completely. And then, one day, he was lost.
Kate DiCamillo takes us on an extraordinary journey, from the depths of the
ocean to the net of a fisherman, from the top of a garbage heap to the
fireside of a hobos camp, from the bedside of an ailing child to the
bustling streets of Memphis. And along the way, we are shown a true
miracle: even a heart of the most breakable kind can learn to love, to
lose, and to love again.

The Doll People
by Ann M. Martin
Grades 3-6. Annabelle Doll has been eight years old for over 100 years. Not
much has changed in that time, except for the disappearance of Aunt Sarah
Doll 45 years ago. When Annabelle discovers Aunt Sarah’s diary she is
determined to solve the mystery, though her ultra-cautious antique china
family tries to discourage her. Then Tiffany and the rest of the totally
modern “Real Pink Plastic” Funcraft family move in next door and
Annabelle’s world is totally shaken up. This witty and intriguing tale will
appeal to those who like action and suspense mixed with their fantasy.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I got this request yesterday:
>
> "We are looking for a 4th grade level book that is a 3rd person account of
> something from an inanimate object.... any ideas????"
>
> I can think of picture books told by an inanimate object in 1st person,
> but this one really has me stumped....
>
> Thanks for ANY ideas!
>
> Susie Narkis
> District Librarian, Berkeley School District 87
> (708) 449-3262 (MacArthur Middle School)
> snarkis at berkeley87.org
>
> Currently Reading: The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett
>
> *This email message is intended only for the person to whom it is
> addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited.Communication sent or received by Berkeley School District 87
> may be subject to inspection under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act
> (FOIA). *

*Marsha Stewart*
*Librarian*

The Ancona School <http://www.anconaschool.org/>

4770 S. Dorchester Ave.

Chicago, IL 60615

mstewart at anconaschool.org <frede at anconaschool.org>

--

<http://anconaschool.org>

4770 S. Dorchester • Chicago IL 60615
P: 773.924.2356 F: 773.924.8905
anconaschool.org   <https://twitter.com/theanconaschool>
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Ancona-School-186226609670/>
The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions that arise
as a result.​