[ISLMA-Share] Audiobooks/Follett/Destiny Discover

Tue Sep 26 09:38:40 CDT 2017

We still have books on cassette and CD in the hanging bags, plus we use MP3
and Playaways. With books on tape and CD, anymore you have to check out a
player and show kids how to use them!

The MP3s are labor intensive, but it's very hard to find personal cassette
and CD players anymore, and so we are moving to those. We get $35 SanDisc
MP3 players from Amazon, erase all the demos, and have the kids check out
the unit that we've loaded for them. We buy the files and download them
from reputable vendors, then load them to the players ourselves. We loan
them out with the print book, so there is a check on copyright
infringement. When it comes back in, we erase the file as part of cleaning
the unit and getting it ready for re-circulation.

I buy Playaways from Playaway, as their replacement costs are lower than
Follett.

Chris Wilson

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

--

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School