[ISLMA-Share] Members needed - ISAIL Update Committee

Mon Apr 2 10:26:29 CDT 2018

Hi all,

Before I ask for volunteers to help me specifically, I would like to put a general plug in for the AISLE (ISLMA) Volunteer form which you can find HERE<https://docs.google.com/a/islma.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOvXGGrLNX2tliQNA-OaZMVRJWdREe0J6QkD_zwrUnWeJicg/viewform?c=0&w=1>. When AISLE committees are being formed (and this is the time of year that some committees are being formed), committee chairs visit the results of this form FIRST to ask those people who have volunteered for various areas of organization. If you would like to be involved in AISLE, now would be the time to submit your information. You won't always be contacted right away, but as new committees form throughout the year, the list will be continue to be referenced. The vast majority of AISLE is run by volunteers, and we are always looking for new people to join us!

I, as the Standards committee chair, am getting ready to start an AISLE task force to update our ISAIL Standards to include the updated AASL and ISTE Standards for students. If you are not familiar with ISAIL, it is standards that ISLMA developed to guide library instruction which are matched with other common standards used to form a crosswalk that saves librarians time and makes is easier to see which standards are being utilized. You can see the ISAIL documents on the ISLMA website<https://www.islma.org/ISAIL.htm>.

This will be a virtual committee, and we will meet online. We will start out with a whole group online meeting in May/June, and then break off into small groups to work on individual standards. I am hoping to have 4 people work on K-5 standards, 2 people work together on middle school standards, and 2 people work together with high school standards with me floating to answer questions and help where needed. We are hoping to be finished by August, so it will require summer work. If you are interested in helping out, please let me know. I am happy to answer any questions that you may have at standards at aisled.org<mailto:standards at aisled.org>.

If you would like to be part of the AISLE ISAIL task force, please fill out the AISLE volunteer form<https://docs.google.com/a/islma.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOvXGGrLNX2tliQNA-OaZMVRJWdREe0J6QkD_zwrUnWeJicg/viewform?c=0&w=1> and make sure to at least mark Standards as one of your areas of interest.

Thanks!

Ms. Lauren Ochs
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
302 W. State St.
Mahomet, IL 61853

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.