[ISLMA-Share] What skills do you need to plan programs?

Tue Apr 3 14:13:25 CDT 2018

"What skills or abilities do you think are necessary to successfully run public programs at libraries?”

More than 1,200 library professionals from all around the country and from all types of libraries weighed in on this question last fall as part of ALA's National Impact of Library Public Programs Assessment (NILPPA) research.

As we read their responses, we found nine categories of skills that came up time and again. ...

Continue reading and comment online at <http://nilppa.org/phase-1/the-wide-and-wild-world-of-programming/> http://nilppa.org/phase-1/what-skills-make-for-good-library-programming/.

You can also share feedback by email: publicprograms at ala.org.

The National Impact of Library Public Programs Assessment (NILPPA) is a two-year research project of the American Library Association (ALA) in collaboration with New Knowledge Organization Ltd., a social science think tank. NILPPA: Phase 1 is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Learn more at http://nilppa.org/.

Sarah Ostman

Communications Manager

ALA Public Programs Office

50 E. Huron St.