[ISLMA-Share] Ditching Reading Logs

Wed Apr 4 14:57:25 CDT 2018

So planning for next year and after reading The Book Whisperer and lots of
discussion we would like to eliminate reading logs.  BUT we still want to
hold kids accountable and continue to build on a culture of reading.  I am
in a 5-8 building.  What does your school look like?  What do you do with
your ELA teachers to encourage students to read?  What grades are given for
reading and how is it accessed?

--
Deanne Guccione, Librarian
Pleasant Plains Middle School
dguccione at ppcusd8.org

"Winning is not always about shining the brightest.  Sometimes it's about
sharing the light with someone who has been waiting in th shadows all
along." Quote from the book* Save Me A Seat* by Saraha Weeks & Gita
Varadarajan
Currently Reading:  Far From the Tree

[image: 33830437]

Just finished:  Donuthead