[ISLMA-Share] Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe

Fri Apr 6 11:48:46 CDT 2018

Thank you so much.  This is very helpful.

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
815-717-3551
jbromann-bender at lw210.org<mailto:jbromann-bender at lw210.org>

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 10:57 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe

First off, great choice. We did this as a Book Club selection for grades 10-12 a few years ago. Lots of fodder for serious discussion. ("What does it mean to be a Real Mexican?" "What Are the Secrets of the Universe shared in the book?")

I've read the book twice and it still took me a while to find it. Other parts made a much more lasting impression. (Like the significance of mom and dad going to have a "serious talk" as they served him a beer at their kitchen table.) The marijuana smoking episode occurs on 270-74.

Beer is consumed in the following 204-208,229-232, & 344-46.

Leah Krippner
Librarian, Harlem High School
I am currently reading Dotmeme by Mike A. Lancaster