[ISLMA-Share] library in mural

Tue Apr 17 09:09:51 CDT 2018

Our elementary school (PreK to 4) started with a blank white area with a
tree painted in the corner. Each year the 4th graders get to add something.
One year it was a sun made from their handprints. Another year it was a
silhouette of a girl reading that was actually a collage of black and white
photos of all of the 4th grade students. We also have leaves from
handprints, grass handprints and a boy jumping silhouette. The kids love
coming back to see their art and show younger siblings.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I had one of mine done by the art club of our local high school.  The
> teacher was looking for a project for them to tackle.  They did a great job!
>
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 7:45 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi collective brain,
>>
>> My principal and I are thinking of doing a large mural on a library
>> wall.  It is 11x33 ft so quite large.  She would really like to do an
>> artist in residence program where the kids help with the process.  She has
>> also ruled out having students from the other schools/high school/community
>> college work on this.
>>
>> Anyone have an artist name or artist in residence program that you have
>> used or heard of that you loved?
>>
>> Thanks for sharing!
>>
>> Mrs. Keri Johnson <http://copelandlibrary.weebly.com>
>> Teacher-Librarian
>> Makerspace Facilitator
>> Coding Instructor
>> Copeland Manor School
>> Libertyville, IL

>> To ensure that District 70 students experience learning that prepares
>> them to live and work in the 21st Century

Donna Brockmeyer
Media Clerk
District 110, Grant and Illini