[ISLMA-Share] iPhone 7+ Technical question for pictures

Thu Apr 19 10:53:26 CDT 2018

Tim,

So far…
I do not have an iPhone 7+, but (and I am asking the obvious here) did you check the settings in the Camera app?

Got lost in the settings and can’t find a box to check to turn it off. Looked in camera settings. Hence, I am wondering if it is the storage/memory. I think the pictures are being stored already compressed. The images are crystal clear on my phone, but everything Windows has it blurry.

Also, how did you send them to the Windows machine?
Sent by email to desktop computer at school, laptop at school, personal computer at home and to a friend’s droid. Emailed it to my work iPad (the images are clear on the MAC device).
Sent as text message to droid
USB to desktop. USB to laptop. Both at school and my personal one at home.
Text to droid then connected by USB.
Posted it on Facebook. It is clear on my phone, but blurry on anything Windows.
Tried a screen capture and resending. No luck. Even blurrier.

My next step is to try putting the pictures into a folder on a Google drive.

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

I do not have an iPhone 7+, but (and I am asking the obvious here) did you check the settings in the Camera app?

Also, how did you send them to the Windows machine?

If you want to call me, I can try to troubleshoot with you.

Mr. Tim Yoder

Librarian
Harvard Junior High School
1301 North Garfield Street
Harvard, IL 60033
815-943-6466 ext.2337
Fax 815-943-8521
Email: tyoder at cusd50.org<mailto:tyoder at cusd50.org>

Currently Reading:
Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke
Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
Huntress by Malinda Lo

I used my personal iPhone7+ to take pictures in my library. When I sent the pictures to any Windows Machine, the pictures appear blurry. So far, I figured out that the iPhone automatically compresses the pictures. I can’t figure how to turn that feature off. I googled it, no luck.

Anyone know how to turn off the automatic compression on an iPhone?

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Valley View Public School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.