[ISLMA-Share] Rebecca C vs Monarch and Blue Stem

Fri Apr 20 10:25:32 CDT 2018

Amy:

I have always purchased multiple copies of the award nominee books, and promote them heavily. In the past for my 3-5 school, I read the more mature books myself to determine if I felt they were okay for my students. If they seemed okay, I would buy them. This past year (K - 5 school) , I didn't even register or buy any of the Caudill nominees except the winner due to the reading levels of the population at my school. I did register, purchase and promote the Monarch and Bluestem award books. I would use what you know about your population with input from your aides and purchase the books that seem like the best fit.

Katy Ryan
Library
Lake Park School
330 W. Lake Park Dr.
Addison, IL 60101
630-458-3010
klryan at asd4.org

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:07 AM
To: 'islma at list.railslibraries.info' <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Rebecca C vs Monarch and Blue Stem

Hello!

Quick question -

How many of you buy Rebecca Caudill Books for your elementary schools? Or specifically for your 5th grade class - with removal of the very obvious UG ones?

Thanks!

Amy Stefanski
District Librarian
Dunlap School District
Media and Book Club Sponsor
astefanski at dunlapcusd.net<mailto:astefanski at dunlapcusd.net>
@LibranSki    @AmyNSTEM

Disclaimer: Your transmission of electronic mail to this address represents your consent to two-way communication by Internet e-mail. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer on which it exists.

Excellence 4 ALL
Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Addison School District 4 and are considered confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.