[ISLMA-Share] Are you ready for summer vacation? Attend Summer Getaway 2018!

Mon Apr 23 11:22:17 CDT 2018

Chuck,

Excellent question! Yes, Summer Getaway 2018 attendees will receive 6 PDH hours<https://publish.illinois.edu/summergetaway/bits-pieces/> for each full day of attendance.

Best,

Ann Ohms
K-12 Program Coordinator
University of Illinois’ School of Information Sciences
501 E. Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820
annohms2 at illinois.edu<mailto:annohms2 at illinois.edu>
@iSchoolK12

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 11:17 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Are you ready for summer vacation? Attend Summer Getaway 2018!

Is it safe to assume we attendees will get professional development credits for this? Thanks!

Chuck Atteberry
Springfield Lanphier HS

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:

Back by popular demand, Summer Getaway 2018: Professional Development for School Librarians will be hosted by the University of Illinois' School of Information Sciences from July 12-14, 2018. This unique PD event, held on-campus in Champaign, IL, repeats the well-received format of a daily focus on a single, high-demand topic. Led by school library professionals, each in-depth session offers a relaxed learning environment where authentic dialogue is encouraged.

Attendees can customize the conference experience, electing to attend for 1, 2, or 3 full days of engaged learning.  This year’s conference will place emphasis on the cultivation of community partnerships as a mechanism to support youth literacy and inquiry.  School library professionals are encouraged, though not required, to invite a potential community partner/educator to attend on Thursday, July 12th.  Curious? Check out our #SG18 conference Powtoon<https://youtu.be/A1dq9zaDzj8>!
Please visit our #SG18 conference website, https://publish.illinois.edu/summergetaway/, to view this year’s sessions and to complete the registration process. Register by June 1st to receive the discounted, early bird rate and attend for just $50/day!  Brain food (breakfast and lunch) is included in the cost of registration. Be prepared to pack your bags; you won't want to miss this Summer Getaway opportunity!
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3DAF5.55EDD910]
See you in July!

[cid:image003.png at 01D320DC.869FA620]

Ann Ohms

K-12 Program Coordinator
School of Information Sciences,

p: 217-300-9934 | e: annohms2 at illinois.edu<mailto:annohms2 at illinois.edu>

Chuck Atteberry
Springfield Lanphier High School

"Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown