[ISLMA-Share] Wanted: Bar Code Scanner

Thu Apr 26 13:24:45 CDT 2018

Yes, any barcode scanner should work. You can buy reasonable quality ones
on Amazon for about $30.00. I have a couple different models from
Taotronics.

Stephanie

Stephanie Stieglitz
Teacher-Librarian, The Lane
500 N. Elm St.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
MRC Website <https://sites.google.com/a/d181.org/lanemrc/>

*"For school leaders and school librarians, implementing the CCSS is not
about thinking out of the box. It is about transforming the box itself."  -
*Implementing the Common Core State Standards: The Role of the School
Librarian - Achieve and AASL Action Brief, Nov. 2013

"*I don't believe that libraries should be drab places, where people sit in
silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild
animals as librarians.*" - Monty Python's Flying Circus, series one, show 10

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I work in a public school library and we currently only have 1 barcode
> scanner. During the school year, this is usually not an issue, but it would
> be handy to have 2 when we do inventory at the end of the school year.
>
> Here’s the silly question: Do all bar code scanners work with all
> circulation programs? (We use Alexandria)
>
> Second question: Does anyone know where I could find a basic bar code
> scanner on the cheaps or even for free? It can obviously be used, I
> wouldn’t mind. It doesn’t even need a stand since it’s not for daily use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Crystal

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181