[ISLMA-Share] High School Library Hours

Mon Apr 30 14:40:57 CDT 2018

We are open from 6:30 am- 4:15 pm, Mon.-Thurs.; 6:30 am-3:15 pm, Fri. A library aide opens in the morning and another closes in the afternoon. Both of my libraries are very busy in the morning--it's not unusual to see us at capacity (90-100 students), especially on late-start Monday. Attendance varies in the afternoon, we tend to get busier during research season. One of my libraries also offers a make-up testing center, which normally serves 10-15 students each morning and afternoon; these numbers increase dramatically near the end of each semester.

Rose Janusz, MLIS
Library Media Center Director
DuPage High School District 88
Ph. (630) 628-2611

>>> Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> 4/30/2018 8:17 AM >>>
Hi all, I am interested in knowing if any High Schools have extended hours for students, including before and after school. If so, please let me know the following:

Hours:
Staffing - certified or non-certified?
Reasoning / Justification?
How is it used? Numbers?

You can email me off list if that is easier for you and thanks so much.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL 60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 5040

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH: 815-521-4217

This message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111. It contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately at 815-521-4017
islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info