[AISLE-Share] Spanish books needed

Mon Aug 6 13:35:55 CDT 2018

Good afternoon,

I work in a high school and my students love the Diary of a Wimpy kid books.  I purchased book 1-12 this summer in Spanish for our students.  I bet your students in all the buildings would love these.

Mrs. Sheila Segelken

Library and Media Center, Key Club Co-Sponsor

Carbondale Community High School

1301 E. Walnut Street

Carbondale, IL 62902

618-457-3371 Ext. 213

Sheila.Segelken at cchs165.com

________________________________
From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 1:29:05 PM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [AISLE-Share] Spanish books needed

Hi! I was just asked if I could spend over $5,000.00 by August 31 on books written in Spanish or Spanish/English bilingual. I said yes but I definitely need your help!!

I am shopping for 5 schools, four pre-k-5 grade schools and a 6,7,8 junior high. I would like picture books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels for all grade levels. I know there is a big difference between books translated from English into Spanish and books written in Spanish. I would prefer the second option.

Could you please tell me where you purchase these books or point me in the direction of a suggested list of books written in Spanish?

I really appreciate any help you can offer!!!
Thank you,

Donna Miner
District Librarian
Rantoul City Schools