[AISLE-Share] Elena K Arnold, Global Read Aloud author, to visit western suburbs

Thu Aug 23 16:00:44 CDT 2018

Hi everyone,

We am having Elena K Arnold visit Prospect and Walker Schools in Clarendon
Hills, IL on Monday, Oct. 22 and we were wondering if any other nearby
schools wanted to jump on board and have her visit your school as well that
week. Along with other books, she is the author of *A Boy Called Bat, *which
is one of the Global Read Aloud books this year! Global Read Aloud is from
Oct 1-Nov 9 so her visit will be right in the middle of that. Her pricing
and presentation information that she sent me is below. She is coming from
California so we would need to cover that airfare.

Please contact me if you are interested in hosting her that week and we
will coordinate!  Becky Swanson, rswanson at d181.org

*From Elena: *With every presentation, I speak to students K-12 of the
power they possess to share their unique stories. Incorporating writing
techniques and my knowledge of structure, I share with students how to
convey these stories using figurative language, outlining & organizing
processes, and elements of plot. Every assembly and writer’s workshop is
designed to be interactive, educational and tailored to meet the needs of
each audience. I share my love of animals, my passion for story, and keep
audiences of all ages engaged.

The honorariums for author programs are as follows (all travel except
airline costs are included):

$2,200 full day program – Includes four 60-minute presentations (assemblies
and/or writer’s workshops as desired), lunch with staff/students, pre-order
discounted book sales arranged if desired, book signing opportunity

$1100 half-day program -- Includes two 60-minute presentations (assemblies
and/or writer’s workshops as desired), pre-order discounted book sales
arranged if desired, book signing opportunity

$450 single presentation – Includes one 60-minute presentation (assembly or
writer’s workshop) pre-order discounted book sales arranged if desired,
book signing opportunity

I aim to create memorable, inspirational experiences for students and
provide visits that are hassle-free and budget friendly for schools. As you
are determining what fits your budget, please don't hesitate to ask for
support in creating this opportunity. There are many ways to make visits
more affordable including sharing a string of visits with other schools in
your area.

Please visit my website if you’d like to learn more about my author visits:
http://elanakarnold.com/author-visits/

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any requests, questions or needs
you may have. I will be glad to work with you to design this opportunity
for your students.
*Becky Swanson*
Teacher-Librarian
Prospect School, Clarendon Hills, IL
rswanson at d181.org
630.861.4459
Prospect Library Website <https://sites.google.com/a/d181.org/prospectmrc/>
Prospect Library Catalog
<http://d181.booksys.net/opac/prospect/index.html#menuHome>
Google Educator & Certified Trainer
What I'm Reading:
Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/1583579?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/1583579?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Goodreads Logo]
<https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
your own email signature
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

  <https://twitter.com/LiBecky>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RebeccaSwanson181/posts>

--

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info