[AISLE-Share] Follett audiobooks

Fri Aug 24 11:39:32 CDT 2018

I had both follett and capstone when I was in an elementary library.
The follett *audiobooks *are all read by professionals, but while the
*ebooks*---have a reading component,  the ones I tried were computerized
readers. I don't know if that has changed since I used them.

Capstone interactive ebooks are all read by professional voice over actors.
They have the visual and the audio combined, and the readers are very gook.
Another nice feature is that many of their books are multi-user! Whole
classes can read them together, which is wonderful if some students need
that audio support while reading. One of my dual language classes used a
couple titles about weather as a class, and the teacher loved it.

They have been having a matching grant in the fall, which I got both years
I applied. The application process takes 5 minutes--literally! I contacted
my area rep and found out that they are doing it again this year. Below is
a link to the grant as well as a trial. The trial is good through September
15.

Matching Grant:

http://www.capstonepub.com/library/digital/capstone-interactive-grant/

Trial login, which gives you access to about half of the available titles:

Go to www.mycapstonelibrary.com

   - *Username: capstonelion*
      - *Password: lovetoread*

You can filter reading levels on the left filter on the left by reading
level

My Capstone rep's contact info: Kori Kubitz, 773-202-0955, korikubi
tz at gmail.com

*Jennifer Stasinopoulos, Librarian*
Rosary High School
630-896-0831, ext 226
jstasinopoulos at rosaryhs.com <jstasinoopulos at rosaryhs.com>

"*Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that
of an ignorant nation." *--Walter Cronkite

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone use Follett e-audiobooks? Are they voice-actors for the
> reading? Any thoughts?
>
> I like that they would integrate very easily into my Destiny catalog, but
> quality of audio book is paramount.
>

> Thank you for any advice!
>

> Lori

 Rosary High School

Empowering Young Women To Achieve Their Greatest
Potential901 N. Edgelawn Drive, Aurora, IL  60506
630-896-0831   |
www.rosaryhs.com <http://www.rosaryhs.com/>

The information in this
email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Rosary High School

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info