[AISLE-Share] Interested in a Jordan Sonnenblick school visit?

Tue Aug 28 09:55:37 CDT 2018

I contacted Jordan Sonnenblick to inquire about the possibility of a
half-day visit since the $2,200 + expenses is a bit beyond my budget. We
are located in Wheaton.

Is there anyone else in the west suburban area who would be interested in
splitting a visit on December 3 or 4? Here is the pricing information that
the author provided:

"If you wanted me to split the day between two schools, and do two
presentations per school, the rate would be $1,500, plus half of the day’s
expenses, for each school.  (The rate for each school is more than half of
my usual $2,200 because I would be doing 2/3 of a day’s work at each
building.)

As a general rule, I find that my expenses in the Chicago area tend to run
around $350-$425 per day.  That includes everything: airfare, baggage fees,
airport parking, gas, hotels, food, etc."

Thanks for letting me know if you may be interested.

Mary Clare

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 7:38 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> 2008 Caudill winner and 2019 Caudill nominee Jordan Sonnenblick will be in
> the Chicago area the week of December 3-7.
>
> He reached out to me so I could let you all know that he has space for 1-2
> additional schools to fill his week.
>
> The basic info from JS: I charge $2,200.00 per day, plus actual travel and
> hotel expenses.  I do three presentations per day, which can be any
> combination of assemblies and writing workshops.  I will also gladly eat
> lunch with a small group of students and/or staff, and am always happy to
> sign books.  Tech-wise, I am easy: all I need is a hand-held microphone.
>
> Here is a brochure about his visits: https://bit.ly/2wmaKyZ
>
> If anyone is interested, contact JS directly here:
> jordansonnenblick at rcn.com
>
> Please note: I do not have any additional info, and he will not be
> visiting my schools (I am downstate). He asked me to spread the word
> because of our Caudill connection, and I know he is a favorite of many 💚
>
> Thanks.
> Michelle
> --
> Michelle Glatt
> Librarian
> Chiddix and Evans Junior High Schools
> Bloomington-Normal, IL
> glattml at myunit5.org
> 309-336-6545
>
> Chiddix IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/chiddiximc
> Evans IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/evansimc
> U5JHS Book Trailers https://tinyurl.com/U5jhsyoutubechannel
>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/15153735?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/15153735?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Goodreads Logo]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
> your own email signature
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>
>
> *“It is our belief that levels have no place in classroom libraries, in
> school libraries, in public libraries, or on report cards.” - *Fountas
> and Pinnell Say Librarians Should Guide Readers by Interest, Not Level
> <http://www.slj.com/2017/10/literacy/fountas-pinnell-say-librarians-guide-readers-interest-not-level/>

Mrs. Mary Clare O'Grady
Library Learning Center Director
Monroe Middle School
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info