[AISLE-Share] Evaluating results from a database?

Thu Aug 30 11:01:50 CDT 2018

I teach this as well. Unfortunately, many of the web sources suggested by
the databases are not credible. Also, the results within a database still
need to be evaluated for bias and point of view.

*Angela Pigoni*
LLC Director
Wheaton North High School <http://www.cusd200.org/Domain/112>
630.784.7300 x8498

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:59 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I teach high school research.
>
> I have always taught that you can trust the results you get from a
> database. Obviously, I am talking subscription databases where articles are
> verified by editors, but I recently had a Social Studies teacher (who I was
> co-teaching with) say that you even had to apply the CRAAP (or any other
> evaluation criteria you use to evaluate websites) - to results from
> databases.
>
> What is  your professional opinion on this?
>

> Thank you,
> Lori
> Trinity High School Librarian

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info